Life is a Ride

Every day life is full of fun and interesting things, enjoy the few that I chose to post about.

Sunday, October 23, 2011

I'm a Murried Girl!!!

This month has been such a whirlwind. To start things off I had the amazing opportunity to go to the temple and receive my endowments. The experience was incredible and I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to do that. Having my future husband there with me made it all that more incredible.
Next! On September 23rd 2011 I was married to my best friend in the Jordan River Temple. We were married at 10:30 AM and had a wonderful day.
The day started off to an early start to get ready in time. While I was up in the bathroom doing my hair my mom came up and gave something very special for me to borrow for the day. It was my grandma's wedding ring and band. It was so special to her and it meant the world to me that she would share it with me. So getting ready went smoothly and was uneventful really.
I was so nervous and jittery that morning I couldn't stand it. My mom tried to get me to eat some breakfast and I just couldn't. While I was eating Rob came to the door. He looked so amazing in his suit and I just couldn't believe that we were about to head out to get married. At 8:30 AM we took off for the temple. On the way there I got seriously sick from being nervous in the car. Rob was so sweet and caring. When we got to the parking lot of the temple I just couldn't move. So Rob was awesome and offered a little prayer. After the prayer I was instantly calmed and ready to go.
After the ceremony we walked out to greet the family and any friends that came to support us with love. We took tons of pictures and just had a calm morning at the temple. After all the family pictures our photographer took us around the temple grounds to get some more shots of the two of us.
After Rob and I were changed out of our clothes we left with my family to go get some lunch. We went to Sweets down in provo and got some Hawaiian food. The day was just so nice and relaxed and not stressful at all.
After lunch Rob and I took off to run a few last minute errands and to head off to our new apartment together so Rob could get some last minute packing done and I could get some thank you notes done and a quick last minute slide show of the two of us put together.
We headed off for our Family/Close friend dinner around 5:30 and traffic was awful! We needed to be there at 6:00 for pictures and we ended up being late for those. I think that was the most stressful moment of the day, just being stuck in traffic.
When we arrived a lot of family was already there waiting and ready to go. We hurried in to get dressed again in our clothes and went out to take pictures. The pictures turned out amazing! My brother the photographer is so talented.
The dinner was amazing, really classy and we had everyone there that we just love and care about. All our family and very close friends. Some of our friends came from out of state and out of town so a big huge thank you to them  for coming all the way to support us!!! Rachel that means you!
The night was kind of a blurr, but what I do remember is during the dinner the two fathers gave a tiny speech, after the speech I went to get changed into my dress for the traditional Hawaiian dance I was doing. Which actually ended up going really well. I remembered most of it the only problem was that the DJ started the music in the middle of the song. Sort of threw me off a little.
After all that stuff we had a little dance, and I'm so grateful to the people who stuck around and supported us. It really meant the world to us. And we had so much fun.
After that everything went really quick, we cut the cake, no cake smashing. Sorry guys, I'm boring! And then I tossed the bouquet and sadly I'm not very good at that, it ended up in my little nieces hands so I re tossed it for my friends to catch since it means more to them. And it ended up in my bestie Rachel's possession! Congrats Rach ;)
After that we did the garter which ended up in a nephews hands redid that and it still went to a nephew. We went and got changed again, and then decided to take off for our honeymoon!
I said goodbye to all my extended family and the friends that stayed for the evening to party with us. The hard part was saying goodbye to my mom and dad. I love them so much and am so grateful to them and everything that they have done for me. I knew I'd miss my dad and mom so much. The relationship between my parents and I changes so much. It was the weirdest feeling to know that I wouldn't be going home every again.




The day was a memorable one and full of amazing moments, and meaningful conversations. I'm so grateful to everyone who loved and supported us that day. It meant the world to me and the world my husband.
Stay tuned for the honeymoon saga...

1 comment: